Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy First Day of Spring!

As usual, Calgary weather is mocking us.  The past week has been -14 and snowy, the next few days will be just below freezing and snowing. 

But today?

Today is supposed to be 12 degrees above zero and sunny.

And people wonder why we tend to go crazy here?

More substantial update in a bit, but funny workout story from yesterday:

I was doing speed work, as prescribed by my Jeff Galloway running book.  Yesterday was 7 x 400m @ 6mph pace.  It shouldn't have been difficult, it's only 2.5 minutes - enough to get the heart up and to be sweaty at the end of the 7 rounds, but not huffing and puffing.

Well, after the first round my legs were a bit achy.  Halfway through the second round I thought that I wouldn't be able to do anymore.  During this I remembered that I had set the incline 1% lower for my 5k on Sunday, so I bumped it up to get back to my normal 2%.  Somehow, I got it up to at least a 4% incline and it was reporting 0%.  No wonder I was feeling it.

So...reset the whole thing, put it back to 2% and was flying the rest of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment