Monday, February 11, 2013

On Long Runs, Online Shopping and SeaWheeze

First things first; Yesterday was a Long Run day, 7 miles (11.1 km) and I was actually looking forward to it.  I remember the last Long Run to be quite enjoyable and rather easy, albeit...shorter.

Well, yesterdays sucked.  I struggled quite a bit and early on.  I think it was because I woke up, had a glass of water and then got at it.  I should have eaten something or taken something with me to snack on.  The cardio wasn't a problem, so I'll take that away as a good thing along with the fact that I did the whole 7 miles and didn't give up half way through (like I really really wanted to).

Stats:  7 miles, 1:33 (13:15 /mile)

I don't usually like to shop; I'm pretty indecisive and get buyers remorse pretty easily.  And, the stuff in the shops here is either for a seventeen year old or a sixty year old, and I am neither.  I'm actually pretty much right in the middle of both of those. 

But...when the mood strikes, I find myself with a whole bunch of new stuff :)  This weekend was one of those times.  I signed up for StrideBox because it seems neat and I like to have things delivered to me.  My mom gets GlossyBox but that's just not my kind of thing.  Then, I ordered a trial pack of Perfect Fit Protein from the Tone it Up store...because I could and the credit card was out.  I also picked up a couple pairs of pants and a new sweater from the Gap factory store...so now I have two pairs of not-jeans to wear to work.

But the best one is....

I registered for the SeaWheeze Half Marathon!

Should be fun, but at the expense of going to Florida in November :(  Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment