Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chicken and Rice Wraps

I found this recipe a while back when I thought that Once a Month Cooking was something that would save me time during the weekdays (it doesn't for me, not really). We liked this because it's simple, tastes mild (good for the boy) and makes a ton of leftovers.

Chicken and Rice Wraps

1lb chicken, cooked and shredded
2 c water
1 c mild salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning
2 c instant rice
8 - 12 tortillas (fills way more than that)

Combine Chicken, water, salsa and seasoning together

Bring to a boil

add rice and simmer for 5 minutes.

Put into a tortilla with some cheese and eat! Freeze assembled tortillas wrapped in foil and put into a baggie. Or, if you're like me, freeze the filling in smaller quantities and fill after.

I'm pretty sure you could use regular rice, boiling for 20 minutes with a closed lid. I'm also going to add some black beans because I like the texture it adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment