Friday, July 3, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

Know what I just realized about having a blog? I can keep track of the recipes I find on the web and not have to save bookmarks (which I lose) or print them off (which I lose too).

Came home with Strawberries today, sadly not local. Our spring was horrible so if we get any it will probably be another two weeks before the u-pick places are ready.

Strawberry Shortcake - Bisquick

Which I got from Simply Recipes and it was on the Bisquick box (not the one I had, that would be too easy.


2 1/3 cups Bisquick baking mix
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp sugar

Heat oven to 425°F. Stir baking mix, melted butter, milk, and 3 Tbsp of sugar in a mixing bowl until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 biscuits.

I made one big biscuit, and it's expanding to fit the 9 x 9 pan I put in in. Took about 15 minutes at 430°F (altitude).

No comments:

Post a Comment