Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cleansing

My mom and I are going to start a 7 Day Body Cleanse sometime in the next week. (I love saying stuff like that in front of my sister who will, without fail, roll her eyes and start into her rant about cleanse = hooey. ) I'd like to kick start the last bit of my weight loss and I'm feeling a little sluggish and blah. Plus vacation is the last week of July and I'd like to jiggle less while trekking around Disneyland.



We're doing the 7 Day Body Cleanse Dietary Supplement from Arbonne, which is an all natural herbal cleanse. For one week we will:

  • Drink at least 2L (64 oz) of water a day. You mix the supplement in with the water and sip throughout the day. The supplement tastes like yuck but you get used to it.


  • Eat whole grains, lean protein, fruits and veg (preferably organic).


  • Avoid sugary food, fried food, food high in fat and highly processed food.


  • Avoid alcohol and caffeine. Actually it doesn't say that about caffeine, but it must be an oversight because if there's one thing that your body needs cleansing of it's caffeine.


  • Avoid artificial sweeteners. It doesn't say that either, but I have a beef with fake sugar.


  • Exercise 30 minutes a day.


  • Take time to relax and get good sleep.


My sister will rightly point out that by doing all of these things (minus the supplement) you will lose weight, feel better and be healthier.

And she's correct; I could do all of it by myself.

But I won't.

Not in a million years.

I require a little more motivation that just my good intentions. Which has, quite honestly, let me down more often than I care to admit.

This will be my third time doing the cleanse. The first go was intense; major headaches (from no caffeine and no booze), a bad backache which I'm not sure was related, lots of trips to the potty (but nothing super urgent) and general yuck for the first 4 days. After that it was better and I felt fab after it was all done; no craving for sweets, coffee or processed food, lots of energy and could sleep soundly. Lost 6 pounds which stayed off too.

Second time was much better because I didn't go back to caffeine, so no headache or body aches etc. Lost 5 more pounds that stayed off.

I think this time will be in the middle since it's been a while since the last one and I've gotten back into some bad eating habits.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Tania, who is watching the rain come in over the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment