Monday, July 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I've been doing a weekly meal plan for a while now, it's helped cut down on the expense and calories of drive thru/restaurant dinners and it has the added bonus of leftovers (sometimes) which I can take to work for lunch and cut down on the expense and calories of whatever is available at the office.

This week, however, is the first time that I've needed to have a plan. My husband and I are playing on a softball team together and this week we play Tuesday and Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:00. I was told it was once a week, or I'd never have agreed to participate but that's neither here nor there. So those two days have either got to be quick or we'll wind up having KFC like we did last week.



Monday: Chicken Pot Pie. Recipe from e-mealz which was so embarrassingly easy I should have known how to make it myself.

Tuesday: Leftover Chili. Made a huge (barely fit into the crock pot huge) batch of it on Sunday and it will do for lunches a couple days this week and I'll probably freeze a bunch too.

Wednesday: Leftover Pot Pie. If there's any left. Otherwise it's Pizza Pops or something just as frozen and processed.

Thursday: Fish and Chips for hubby and the boy. Grilled veggies for me, and if I'm feeling really ambitious I'll make some risotto, yum.

Friday: Pizza.

Saturday: I have a feeling we won't be home for dinner on Saturday, but if we are it will be Chicken-something.

Want to join in with your own Menu Plan? Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment