Monday, July 20, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - July 20

Menu Plan Monday

This weeks challenge is to find meals that will use up the perishables and not have a ton of non-freezable leftovers before we leave for vacation on Friday. Too bad I wasn't thinking this way when I bought groceries on the weekend, I blame the bliss of solitary shopping for the amount of fruit and veggies that I came home with.

Monday: Chicken and Rice Wraps and corn on the cob. Strawberries and whipped cream for desert, yum.

Tuesday: Chili and a salad.

Wednesday: Chicken fingers from PW . I'm embarrassed I needed a recipe to figure this one out, but they're wonderful. Made a bunch on the weekend and froze them for nights such as this. Fresh veggies as a side.

Thursday: Baked Parmesan Roughy. I bought some (a box) of frozen fillets at the farmers market last week (putting aside the fact that frozen fish from New Zealand goes against what a farmers market should be) and this looks pretty tasty. Or, if I have a million loads of laundry to do and tons of running around to get ready we'll have pizza.

Friday: Waiting for the plane, California Dreamin'. Since the options are Tim Hortons or Harveys it'll probably be Tim Hortons.

2 comments:

  1. I love wraps but only order them...I never seem to make them at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca,

    These ones are good, and only take 10 minutes to throw together if the chicken is cooked. It's mostly like the filling for tacos or burritos though.

    ReplyDelete