Sunday, July 5, 2009

Reading Q&A

Since I spent a good portion of my weekend reading, it seems fitting to answer a couple questions.

Q: Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

I don't mark up books but that doesn't mean I'm set against it. I have thought about marking up a couple of novels to show changes in point of view and things like that.

Q: How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

My husband hates it (he's a bookmark dude) but I'll dog ear it or lay it flat open to keep the spot. Now that I don't buy as many paper books my reader saves the page for me (and I love it to death).

Q: Fiction, non-fiction, or both?

Both, but not as much non-fiction anymore. One, because I'm poor, two because I was running out of space in my house and three because there's not many non fiction subjects that catch my eye nowdays.

Q: Hard copy or ebook?

Ebook when possible, sadly it's not always possible. I got a lovely Sony ebook reader for Christmas and I love it to bits. It's helped me to explore other types of fiction because there's some pretty sweet deals on e-books if you look around

Q: Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I can put it down at any point, but if the writings really good I'm hard pressed to stop at the end of chapters.

Q: If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Write it down to look it up later?

Infer it from stuff around it. But the things that I read don't usually have big complex words.

Q: What are you currently reading?

Winterset by Candace Camp. I finished it this morning. It was okay; about 60 pages of stuff that could have been edited out.

Q: What is the last book you bought?

Confessions of a Duchess by Nicola Cornick. A sony ebook store special when you bought two Harlequin titles on a Wednesday (I do not make this stuf up.)

Q: Do you like re-reading books?

Oh yeah. I can re-read just about anything. I've gone though a couple copies of my favourite paper books because they were falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment