Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Sound of Blissful Silence

Saturday morning the husband and the boy went away. For the whole day AND night.

It was wonderful.

And it only took the promise of a parade with candy to get the four year old to go.

I got groceries without having to worry about the two of them adding stuff to the cart.

I cleaned the bottom floor of the house (can't expect too much on my one day off) and made myself homemade chicken fingers for lunch...and did the laundry (I accomplished a lot, whoda thunk it?)

Went shopping with my mom and sister.

Came home and the house was in the exact same state it was in when I left. It was blissful.

Made salsa and guac for dinner, with a nice glass of chardonnay, and read the entire evening.

Like until midnight.

Woke up to peace and quiet and a still clean house. Ate breakfast and got ready at my leisure, then went to see the husband play ball. While it rained.

Except for the rain it was a real nice weekend.

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment